Firstly, and most importantly: as much as we would love to welcome and serve you PLEASE DO NOT visit us if:
- You or any member of your household has any symptoms
(high temperature, coughs, loss of smell / taste etc.)
- You or anybody within your household (or anyone you have been in contact with) is self-isolating
Due to the current pandemic, we must prioritise the safety of our customers and staff.
The layout of our Tea Room allows us to utilise all our tables while maintaining social distancing; however, there are certain procedures we must ask you to follow from your arrival to your departure:
- Upon arrival, you may be asked to queue (with or without a reservation) while other customers leave and we clean and disinfect your seating area. Please be patient. You may be asked to wait outside on Church Street, as our staircase is too narrow to accommodate traffic in both directions. You will be required to wear a face covering if queuing or waiting inside.
- When we are ready to welcome you, we will greet you and ask you to:
- Use our hand sanitiser
- Check-in by scanning our QR code with the NHS COVID-19 app. This is now a requirement for ALL customers (aged 16 and above). All customers unable to utilise this service for any reasons must now provide contact details to our staff (such as surname and telephone number). These are the track & trace details that we are obliged to take by law and keep on file for 21 days, before we destroy them.
- Before we get you seated and since we do understand our cakes, pastries and bakery goods are best chosen if seen, you will be led to our counter display to choose whatever takes your fancy… Following the “inhouse tour”, we will show you to your table. Once seated, you may remove your face covering.
- Orders will be taken and served at the table by our serving team.
- Once finished we will go to you to take payment. We prefer contactless these days, if possible.
- Upon departure, we may again have to ask you to wait whilst other customers come in or out, so that social distancing can be maintained.
While you are inside, should you need to leave your table, we kindly ask you to put your face covering back on while not seated. We also ask you not to touch anything during this time.
The toilet is located on the second floor and we ask you to be considerate and avoid queuing in the stairwell and on the corridors. Adhere to the one in / one out policy and make sure you use the hand sanitising station provided there both ways.
We are doing our utmost to provide a COVID-19 safe environment by sanitising tables, chairs, sofas, armchairs, menus – anything other customers may touch. We are also paying extra attention to our team, so that they observe all the regulations in place and that they handle everything hygienically, with special care. We wear our own compulsory PPE kits, please feel free to wear yours (gloves, visors etc.) if it makes you feel more secure.
We thank you for your understanding and kind cooperation.
Hopefully the situation will improve further and change soon.
In the meantime, we’d love to see you, but be kind and keep the above in mind.
Remember – we are (still) all in this together!